Thursday 10 May 2018

You may have spotted our very own Dr Caroline Richards on your TV screens, she’s the star of the current Vets4Pets TV adverts promoting £49 BSIL being shown right across the UK. We’re really excited and proud of Caroline.

We managed to grab some time with the already very busy Caroline to chat to her about her experience filming the advert and why she feels so passionately about the Best Start in Life plan.


How did you get selected to star in the TV advert?
I’ve been a partner with my husband Dr Peter Richards for last 16 years since we set up Vets4Pets Barnsley. The support office team reached out to me a few months ago to see if I’d be interested. I was quite nervous but the first step was just a test day so I was keen to experience something new! It turned out that they felt I did a good job on camera and I was so pleased when I heard they’d like me to shoot the full TV advert.

You did a great job! How did you remember all your lines?
I was really nervous but the team were all really good. I did have lines to learn but overall I’m passionate about the brand, my business and the Best Start in Life health plan so it felt very natural to talk about the plan. I love working with pets of all ages but spending the day with some lovely puppies and kittens certainly kept any nerves at bay.

There are some gorgeous pets in the advert, can you tell us anymore about them?
The golden retriever puppy in the advert is called Maggie and the kitten was called Bear. They were really well behaved and had their owners on hand all day with lots of breaks, good food and play time.

Were there any pet bloopers on the day!?
There were a few pets there on the day and a couple of the puppies just didn’t want to sit still. There were plenty of bloopers of playful puppies. 

Tell us why you feel so passionate about Best Start in Life as a health plan
There is so much to think about when getting a new puppy or kitten and the Best Start in Life plan includes everything your pet needs to grow up happy and healthy! I love this plan as not only do I love meeting puppies and kittens, its great to know that the puppy and kitten have had their first vaccination, 3 months flea and worm treatment and have been micro chipped making them ready for the world! 

How are you dealing with your new fame locally!
Its lovely to be recognised by people when I'm walking the dog or taking my children to school. I feel very proud to be recognised by people as a vet, its a huge part of my life and I'm very passionate about what I do. 

Click on the below link to see Caroline in action! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment